Tuesday, May 21, 2013

An Introduction... Of Sorts

Let me start by saying that I have ZERO interest in joining the blogger community. I know that may not sit well with some people and the audience I hope to gain will be gained much slower that way - but I'll take it. The blogging community, at least from the outside looking in, has become kind of like this...



I barely survived it in high school, no need to go there again. What I DO want is to create a blog that will help people like me who are short on time, short on staff, and short on answers. I work in a communications office for a municipality. We have a staff of three. A director, myself, and my co-part.

What do I do? A little bit of EVERYTHING. Photography, videos (both editing and shooting them), graphic design, marketing, manage events and functions, website work and design, and a lot of social media. I've learned a lot of tricks along the way and I read a LOT online as I'm constantly searching for ways to do things better. I also own my own side business. I've put a LOT of what I've learned at my real job to use with my business and let's just say it has done pretty well for itself.

I am by no means a master of anything but I will always fake it until I make it, and that's what I hope to share with you. There's some incredible tools out there that will allow you to maximize your time and productivity without requiring 100% of your focus allowing you to look like you can juggle WAY more than you really can. Or should.

That skill, however, comes with its own set of problems. Once people realize how fast you can get from point a to be point b suddenly they've mapped out a whole other set of points for you to tackle. But in a position like mine, it's a means of survival, a sense of job security, and a challenge. And I LOVE a good challenge.

So what do you want to know?

Until next time,
Jaree


No comments:

Post a Comment